Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Baby Boy Edwards

So, I guess I should post something about what's going on with our pregnancy since I'm due next week. :)

Today I had another doctor's appointment. I'm only dilated to 2cm. We are slowly making progress.

Patrick and I have decided to have a VBAC, vaginal birth after c-section. There are some serious risks involved in this but we feel that it will be best for our family. The recovery for a VBAC is a lot fast and easier than a c-section. With Joss being so young she still needs me to lift her and help her with a lot of things that I wouldn't be able to do with a c-section.

What is most likely to happen for us is that I will either go into labor on my own and head to the hospital or I will go in for my regular appointment, be dilated to about a 4 and they will send me to the hospital, break my water and try to hurry along my labor.

So, we just have to sit and wait and see what happens. I am thinking that the second option is more likely for us. If I do go into labor on my own, I just pray that it isn't Friday because my doctor won't be able to be at the hospital and none of the other doctors will let me do a VBAC, so they will just go ahead and do a second c-section.

1 comment:

Four Bresees said...

You're due next week!? Wow! Hope everything goes well. Can't wait to see the new little baby :)