Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

Patrick and I had a very mellow first Christmas Eve. We had plans to make gingerbread houses and have a fancy dinner. Unfortunately, we both got really sick and didn't feel like doing a whole lot. So, instead of a big fancy dinner we ordered pizza and watched the Chronicles of Narnia. Patrick, like always, fell asleep, so I took some pictures of him. :)




He wanted me to make sure and tell you that he laid down that way because I was on the couch and that he doesn't make it a habit to sleep in weird places.

Christmas morning we slept in late. As I was laying there I was thinking about how this might be the last Christmas for a long while that we get to sleep in as late as we want. Soon, we will be waking up early to open presents from Santa with our children.

When we woke up, we opened presents and I made stuffed french toast for breakfast. While we ate, we watched BOTH Charlie Brown Christmas specials. Patrick loves the Charlie Brown movies and has them all. He has been begging me to watch them all season.

Christmas Day we were feeling a little bit better. So we decided to go out visiting. We first went to my parents house, but they weren't home! They had gone out visiting too. After that stop, we decided to just go home and enjoy our time with each other, instead of spreading our germs. Here is a picture of us before we went out "visiting". Hopefully, next Christmas will be a little more exciting for us.

No comments: