Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Patrick!

Yesterday was Patrick's birthday. We had a last minute change to or plans because our babysitter, my mom, needed to be with my grandmother while she had surgery on her hip. She fell and broke it Wednesday morning. The surgery went well and she is recovering now.
Anyway, Patrick spent his morning working on his lab report for school. He was going to stay up the night before to get it all done, but since our plans changed he decided to go to sleep instead.
Once he finished his report it was time for him to head to school. While he was gone Joss and I made him a birthday card.

I'm thinking Joss may have some pent up anger or something toward Patrick since she crossed out the words "happy" and both of the "loves". Not sure though. ;)
Luckily, Patrick's lab was really short today so he got home an hour earlier than usual! When he got home he got to open his present. Joss got him a bottle of his favorite soda, Manzanita Sol. It's an apple flavored soda that Patrick loves! Seth got him a package of Mars bars. Another of Patrick's favorites. I got him an IOU for an FM transmitter for his phone. I tried to find it and everywhere I went didn't have then but I found a place that did so that night after dinner we were going to go get it.
After opening presents we went to dinner at Red Robin. It was very delicous. We even got an extra big birthday sundae because they ran out of sundae cups. There were several other birthdays that night too.
Before dinner, I told Patrick that if he wanted the PS3 move instead of the fm transmitter, we could get that instead. So he decided that that was what he wanted to do. So after dinner, we headed to the store to buy him one.
For Patrick's birthday cake I made cake balls decorated like his favorite video game on his phone, Angry Birds. They didn't come out as well as I had hoped, but I'm still happy with them and they taste delicious!

I like how the red bird looks like its eye is bulging out. Makes me laugh.
Here he is with the "bomb bird" getting ready to blow out his candle.

After cake, we hooked up his present and played some games. It was a lot of fun.

Patrick really enjoyed getting to play his video games. He spends a lot of his time at home sleeping or doing homework so it was nice to play.
All in all he said he had a great birthday. I'm glad that he was happy with everything.

3 comments:

Five Bresees said...

That cake looks awesome! You did such a great job. We really like Manzanita Sol too. Do you guys like Sangria as well? There's only 1 place we've found on the island with it, so every time we are near by, we stock up! Looks like you guys had a great day :)

Sher said...

wow! you are crafty and creative! love those birdy cakes, they soo rock!!! teach me how to do that!

Stephanie said...

The Angry Bird cakes are so cute! Great job! They totally look like the game!