Saturday, April 24, 2010

Strawberry Season

Who doesn't love strawberry season?!? On Sunday, Patrick made pancakes and I made strawberry syrup to go on top. Mmmm... The recipe is at the bottom. We both agreed that while it was yummy on the pancakes, it would be better on ice cream!

I have also made 4 quarts of freezer jam. I was shocked to find out that Patrick has never had freezer jam! That was remedied quickly. I always thought that freezer jam was long hard process. I was happy to find that it was quick and easy! Granted, it would have been quicker and easier if I wasn't using a fork to mash my strawberries. :)



Strawberry Syrup

Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups mashed unsweetened strawberries

Directions
1. In a saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Gradually add strawberries; return to boil.

2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Yields: about 2 1/2 cups.

No comments: