Friday, March 20, 2009

Wisdom

Well, I've been a mommy now for a little over two months and what have I learned...

A LOT!

Most importantly, I learned that I have to let Joslyn be Joslyn.

I can't force her to sleep when she doesn't want to sleep. No matter how much I try. Plus, if she wants to stay awake all day and sleep all night, I'm okay with that. I mean what could be better than a 2 week old that sleeps through the night?

So, what if our dishes don't get cleaned because Joslyn wants to eat; they will get done tomorrow (Hopefully). Or if I don't get to shower until 3pm, at least I got a shower today. Or if I type everything with one hand because Joss is in the other. Or if she dictates your entire schedule, what two month old doesn't?

I guess this sounds like I am complaining. I'm not really. Joss and I are both much happier now that we have figured things out a little more. Well, I guess since I figured things out a little more.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yeah, but beware...once you think you're getting it they throw you for a loop and change everything.

Glad you guys are figuring each other out. It does make it easier.

Amy said...

I'm doing the exact same thing with my 6 1/2 month old. Believe me, I understand.

Shelbey said...

I'm impressed. You're doing better than I could've dreamed at that point. I was so wrapped up in remembering what all the books said that I should be doing that I definitely made it harder on myself than it needed to be. So good for you.